Calvert County Health Department
Core Service Agency
It is the mission of the Core Service Agency (CSA) to provide the consumer with the highest quality, most cost effective services to meet their mental health needs. CSA is attempting to make mental health services accessible to all populations regardless of social stigmas or financial barriers.
The Calvert County Core Service Agency (CSA) is responsible for planning, managing, and monitoring public mental health services at the local level.
The CSA exists under the authority of the Secretary of the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and is an agent of county government, which approves the CSA's organizational structure.
The CSA assures that a comprehensive range of services are available, accessible and affordable, including: evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, case management, rehabilitation, community support, therapeutic foster care, supervised housing, emergency services and crisis intervention.
In fulfillment of its duties the CSA performs the following:
- Manages the public mental health system for Calvert County
- Assures year end budget reconciliations result in no over expenditures
- Submits an Annual Comprehensive Mental Health Plan
- Manages and supervised various behavioral health programs
- Assures consumer access and consumer rights
- Processes complaints, grievances and appeals in a timely fashion
- Monitors the contract with the Administrative Service Organization, Value Options.
The Calvert County CSA has developed a comprehensive array of mental health services for the consumers of the public mental heath system:
- Inpatient (Adult and Adolescent)
- Partial Hospitalization
- Outpatient Services
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation Programs
- Residential Rehabilitation Programs
- Respite Care Services
- Crisis Beds (Adult and Adolescent)
- Targeted Case Management (Adult and Adolescent)
- Therapeutic Foster Care for Children and Adolescents
- Emergency Psychiatric Services
- Therapeutic Group Home for Boys
- Peer Support (On Our Own of Calvert Wellness and Recovery Program)
- Mental Health Services at the Detention Center
- Shelter Plus Care Housing Program
- In-Home Intervention Program for Adults
- In-Home Intervention Program for Children
Access the Value Options:
You can call Value Options at any time of the day or night 7 days a week. They will arrange for the right type of service to meet your needs.
During business hours, you may call or walk into any Public Mental Health System provider in your area to request services.
Your Managed Care Organization (MCO) or Primary Care Physician can refer you to Value Options for mental health care.
If you are not sure what to do, just call Value Options at 1.800.888.1965. This call will provide access to all services, 24 hours a day, any day of the year.
Consumer and Family Support:
On Our Own of Calvert County, Inc. (OOO) is a private, nonprofit organization offering peer support advocacy, wellness and recovery. There is no charge for their services. They are operated by and for the consumers of mental health services.
OOO of Calvert offers social support, advocacy training, family outreach, wellness and recovery and empowerment in the areas of rights, responsibilities and self-image. They can be reached at 410.535.7576 or email@example.com.
A consumer of the public mental health system may file a grievance with the Calvert County CSA concerning any issue regarding treatment. The consumer may also file an appeal to the CSA concerning denial of treatment.
- David Gale, Director
- Nancy Porter, Coordinator of Adult Services
- Loida Walker, Child and Adolescent Coordinator
- 410.535.5400 (Local)
- 301.855.1353 (Washington Line)
- 410.269.1051 (Baltimore Line)
- 410.535.5285 (Fax)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org